- Start by reframing who you are – I am a boundary supreme (or queen/king)!
- Frame your identity: I am . . . own and claim who you are. How would your life be different by these claims?
- If you can avoid conflict without consequence, do that.
- If you cannot, use your words.
- If that doesn’t work, use your body and leave.
Who has the most power in the room?
- If you don’t know, then it’s you.
- You get to set the boundaries
- Do what you can to retain that power by holding those boundaries
I give you permission to set whatever boundaries you need. You can’t? Why can’t you?
What do you want?
- Is something making you angry?
- If you had power, what would you choose?
Ask for feelings:
- Validate feelings
- Set limits
How to set boundaries:
- Disrupt: Oh!
- Statement: I don’t tolerate that.
- Transition: So, anyway, how’s the weather?
Finally: I get to do this awkwardly.
Repetition + intensity = growth.